When time permits a day of relaxation we choose to revolve the hours around hanging out friends, surfing, or a variety of favorite movies. What about a day revolving around your favorite food? MMMMM…sounds yummy huh? Your stomach might be growling right now, but what about your skin or hair or even your home. Any part of your soul whispering in your ear to, “feed me?” A food that has that type of power deserves it own special day. I am taking it upon myself to devour my body, mind, soul, and home into all things pumpkin. The best part about this day of bliss is knowing how rich in love my body will feel. Mr. Massage man with your lavender oil, step away…it’s time to call in what I have been waiting for all summer…some deep pumpkin love!
Naked Salts found some exceptional eco-pumpkin spots around the Los Angeles area…
Pumpkin Food Obsessions:
- Holy sh&%t! What happens when I bunch of foodie bloggers get together and create an array of all things pumpkin?!! Check it out…The Food Bloggers L.A. celebrate pumpkin!
- Pumpkin Lattes with almond/hemp/rice/oat milk – Groundworks Coffee, 7th and Rose. Venice,CA
- A deliciously “healthier” decadent dessert, Pumpkin Pie at Urth Cafe, Main St. and Real Food Daily both with locations in West Hollywood and Santa Monica.
- Curried pumpkin ravioli with smoked tofu, peppers, onions, and toasted pumpkin seeds..Seriously yummy. Thank you Rush Street, Culver City, CA
- Pumpkin Sushi?! What?! Give it up to Sushi Roku in West Hollywood! Truffled pumpkin and king crab with pomegranate vinaigrette.
Just to name a few….
- and Farmers Markets are always creating love for their seasonal produce. Don’t miss out on inventing your own pumpkin dish!
- Please smother pumpkin all over my fac-ial. Interested in e Napa Valley getaway? The Silverado Resort and Spa will treat you to a Pumpkin Facial or a Pumpkin Sprinkle Body Treatment for under $150.
- Less then a two hour drive (that is about the exact time it takes you to get from Santa Monica to Hollywood in rush hour) treat yourself to a Pumpkin hug at Spa L’Auberge at L’Auberge Del Mar in Del Mar, Calif. A Pumpkin Body Wrap followed by a massage with a slather of pumpkin butter. $160 for 80 minutes; $215 for 110 minutes.
- Peeling away imperfections can actually be well, tasty. At Verabella in Beverly Hills, one of my favorite eco spas became home to pumpkin lovers. Check out the Pumpkin Devine Enzyme Peel.
- The smell of pumpkin lingers throughout my apartment all winter long. A favorite of mine would be Illume Boulangerie’s candle, Pumpkin Souffle. Any opportunity to pop into an Anthropologie!
- Sunday Morning Brunch at home just you and (fill in the blank) with a stack of pumpkin pancakes. A healthy yummy alternative can be found at EcoSalon.com
Health Benefits of Pumpkins:
- Pumpkins are naturally low in calories and rich in health-promoting nutrients, including: Fiber, Potassium, Alpha-carotene & Beta-carotene, Vitamins C, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Pantothenic acid/vitamin B5
- If you haven’t already smothered yourself with pumpkin love then one more visual and wellness piece will turn you into a pumpkin.